Government Allots P1-Billion for SMEs

The government is making available starting February an initial P1 billion funding for micro and small enterprises in a move aimed at putting a stop to a money lending scheme that charges almost 24 percent per day. It said that 90 percent of fund would most likely go to microentrepreneurs who have a borrowing capacity of P5,000 to P10,000.  The remaining 10 percent would be channeled to small and medium entrepreneurs who may…

Subscribe via email for complete access to Supreme Consult’s weekly report on political and investment risks in the Philippines.

Advertisements